X Summer Organ Festival: Peter Holder X
Abbey Sub-Organist Peter Holder presents music by Austrian organist-composer Franz Danksagmüller as well as works by Liszt, Saint-Saëns and Alain in this penultimate Festival concert.
Fast establishing a reputation as one of the most exciting organists of his generation, Peter Holder has held the post of Sub-Organist of Westminster Abbey since October 2017. Alongside his Abbey duties as principal organist for the daily services, he is increasingly in demand as a solo performer and makes his BBC Proms debut this summer. He regularly broadcasts for radio and television and is an organ tutor at the Royal Academy of Music.
ALAIN - Trois Danses
SAINT-SAËNS - Danse Macabre (arr E Lemare)
DANKSAGMÜLLER - Estampie
LISZT - Après une lecture de Dante – Fantasia quasi Sonata (arr H Deutsch)
Additional event information
- Entry for this event is via the Great West Door
- Doors open at 6:30pm
- There will be no interval and the performance will end at approximately 8:10pm
- Seating is unreserved
- Children are welcome but this event is not recommended for those under the age of six
- Photography, filming and sound recording are not permitted anywhere in the Abbey
- While the nave, quire and lantern areas of the Abbey are accessible to audience members, the church is not open for visiting on concert evenings and we recommend consulting our visit us pages to plan a visit during opening hours.
Single ticket: £15 (concessions £10)
Season: £60 (concessions £40) – giving admission to all five concerts
How to book
Concert tickets can be purchased on the door on performance evenings or in advance from the Box Office:
Telephone: 020 7222 1061 (phone lines open Monday to Friday, 10:00am to 5:00pm)
Booking fees apply: £1.75 per transaction online; £2.75 by phone
Season tickets can only be purchased from the Box Office.